If you intend to visit Australia for business or leisure, then you need a visitor visa. A visitor visa allows you to be in the country for a maximum of 12 months. This excerpt provides vital information regarding the Australian visitor visa.
Applying for the visitor visa
Preferably, you should apply for the visa a few months before your trip. In such a way, you have adequate time to re-apply if your first application is denied. The immigration department may also take longer to process visitor visas during peak seasons. Remember that you will have to pay a small fee when applying for the visa.
Hiring an immigration lawyer
Hiring an immigration lawyer can drastically improve the chances of approval. The lawyer will ensure that you have the right application documents. He or she will also tell you what the authorities expect from you. For instance, if you want to work in the country, you may require extra documentation. A skilled immigration lawyer will also advise you on the best health insurance covers.
Revocation of the visitor visa
Below are a few things that may lead to the revocation of your visitor visa.
- If the immigration department realises that you used fake documents to apply for the visa, they will revoke it and deport you to your home country.
- People with criminal records or those considered to pose a threat to the Australian people hardly get their visas approved.
- If you engage in criminal activity while in the country, the immigration department will immediately deport you.
- If you provide false information regarding your financial status, reasons for travel, and where you will be staying, your application might be revoked.
- Your visa application might get rejected if you have a contagious disease.
- Failure to abide by visa's regulations could lead to revocation and deportation.
Extending your stay
If you wish to extend your stay in the country, you need to renew your visa. Ensure that you renew the visa on time since staying with an expired visa is considered a criminal offence. Besides, the immigration department might also suspend you from making a visa application to Australia. If you need to change your type of visa, it is best to consult with the immigration lawyer.
When applying for an Australian visitor visa, engage an immigration lawyer to help you with application and renewal. Abide by the visa's regulations to avoid deportation.